I’m Bill Day, Broken Arrow native and candidate for Oklahoma State Senate District 36. I would appreciate your vote in the upcoming August 28 Republican Run-off Election.
I have detailed my background, experience, reasons for running, and plans if elected in the letter at: https://goo.gl/piRNg7
I ask that you please read and share the above letter with family, neighbors, and friends.
Summarizing it very briefly:
- I hold God, family, and community as my top three priorities, in that order.
- I have never run for office before. I am running now to fix some of the many problems we all see in OKC.
- My wife and I both grew up in Broken Arrow, graduated K-12 from Broken Arrow Public Schools. We have two children attending BAPS now (3rd and 9th grades).
- I have an engineering degree from OU and 22 years experience in the software and technology industry.
- I am Pro-Life, endorsed by the Oklahomans for Public Education, and the only candidate in this race endorsed by the NRA. I believe in personal liberty and freedom, instead of more government.
- I am a planner, conservative with money, and a careful budgeter.
If elected, I will fight to:
- Make sure we know where our taxes are being spent and that there are measurements in place to judge if each program is a net gain for the People of Oklahoma, so we can eliminate those programs which aren’t.
- Grow, attract, and keep innovative companies here, so that our children and grandchildren can thrive in Oklahoma.
- Deliver on the promises made in our State Constitution, including providing for the state’s portion of public safety, transportation and infrastructure, health care, and public education. I am proposing a 4 Year Public Education Plan.
Unlike my run-off opponent, I am not taking lobbyist or Political Action Committee money to fund my campaign. I want and will be accountable to you, not the “political machine.”
If you agree that we need a better state budget process, a thriving innovation economy, and stable core services including public education, please vote for Bill Day on August 28!
Questions? Please call or text me directly at 918-994-2112. I ask for your prayers, and for your vote. Thank you, and God bless you,